Saving Docs to other places

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Wed Mar 6 18:13:01 EST 2002

At 12:21 PM -0800 3/6/02, Ken Norris wrote:
>> You can open the docs without the development environment; just double-click
>> one of the stacks with Revolution closed.
>----------
>This doesn't work, at least in my version. With Rev closed, I open
>"revrtfer.rev ", double-click on a stack in the field, nothing happens. It
>only works when Rev is already open.

Don't double-click revrtfer -- double click some of the stacks in components/help:

revglossary.rev
REVABOUT.REV
REVHELP.REV
REVHOW.REV
revlanguage.rev
revquickref.rev
revshortcuts.rev
REVTIPS.REV
REVWHY.REV

The language reference, for example (in revlanguage.rev) will open in Revolution (without the development environment) and work fairly well. The formatting ends up being a little off, because it's designed to inherit some of that, and the things it's inheriting from aren't there.

You should be able to do this on a small standalone machine, perhaps with only 32MB of RAM. The advantage is you don't have to do anything besides install Revolution on that machine and double-click the stack file.

regards,

Geoff