XMCD/XFCN (about...)

Yates, Glen JAMES.G.YATES at saic.com
Wed Mar 6 12:31:01 EST 2002

What is a "type 1" xcmd? I've written some XCMD's (several years ago for
FoxPro, but no reason why they wouldn't also work in HC), and I do not
remember such nomenclature or classes of xcmd's.

BTW, one of my XCMD's (XCFN actually) gets the user login name from the
server the app is running from. So if the app is hosted remotely on a
Novell, NT, or Appleshare server etc. Then it would return the login name
used to access that server.

The other launches applications given the 4 character creator code, i.e. you
don't have to know the path to the app, it will find it if it exists. It
will optionally have the app open a document you specify.

Anyway, I don't know if anybody still needs these kinds of capabilities, but
I could make these available if anyone does.

-Glen Yates

P.S. I also wrote an applescript scripting addition that does the same thing
as the first xcmd above.