Debugging on MacOS 7.5

Scott Raney raney at metacard.com
Mon Mar 4 23:11:01 EST 2002

On Mon, 04 Mar 2002 Scott Rossi <scott at tactilemedia.com> wrote:

> Recently, Dan Friedman wrote:
>
> > I am having reports of my REV application crashing on startUp on MacOS 7.5.
> > So, I installed 7.5 on an old Mac I have lying around and attempted to
> > install Revolution on it to debug.
>
> If you can determine this, check the underlying version of MetaCard.
> MetaCard 2.3 and earlier should run on MacOS 7.6 and earlier, but the latest
> versions of MC won't work.

Actually the latest ones do again (2.4, the first version with Carbon
support, made Appearance Manager calls that aren't in 7.x that caused
crashes).  And as I recall you could always run the 68K engine on
7.X.  You probably won't be able to install or run RR there, though,
just MetaCard and/or your standalone application.
  Regards,
    Scott