3 megs of text

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Mon Mar 4 21:11:01 EST 2002

At 10:24 AM +1100 3/5/02, David Vaughan wrote:
>You can use the _vastly_ faster "repeat for each" using a switch to get line pairs before processing each pair. Try it on your 480KB file and you ought to be measuring time in tens of seconds rather than tens of minutes.

David's words bear repeating -- in fact, I'm repeating myself right now :-)

_Every_ loop that parses text should use "repeat for each." The speed increase will amaze you. If you also need to keep track of the line|word|item number, set a variable to 0 before the loop and add 1 to it each time through.

regards,

Geoff