OT -- Animation Programs

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sat Mar 2 14:52:01 EST 2002

> FLASH! Definitely Flash. Flash is able to make animations, movies and
> interactive projects of any kind. It is mainly a vector-based program, but
> it handles pixel data as well.

Thanks for everyone's input... Scott Rossi wins the prize for recommending

Toon Boom Studio

which  most precisely meets our artists needs... which is to get a "digital
assistant" which is closer  to the actual  drawing/creation point in the
cycle, for sophisticated, hand drawn characters whose facial expressions and
arm, leg body position movements change frame to frame in "custom" ways...

 Flash et al are more at the "post" drawing cycle of the production loop of
for those who want to use the artists drawing after they are done.
Hinduism Today.

Sivakatirswami
Editor's Assistant/Production Manager
katir at hindu.org