Plain text posts please

Ken Norris (dialup) pixelbird at interisland.net
Fri Mar 1 12:41:01 EST 2002

on 3/1/02 2:30 AM, Ben Rubinstein at benr_mc at cogapp.com wrote:

> Pathetic to relate, I have them all (apart from a small number of posts from
> people who went on my auto delete list) - also all of improve-rev, and about
> four months of the prior combined list.
>
> Happy to send them to Ken, but obviously the most useful thing would be if
> they could be merged into the online archives.  My assumption is that you
> folks at RunRev have the raw data, but not the time to process it right now.
> But if it would be useful for me to send someone there my copy of the
> archive, please let me know.
----------
Hardly pathetic, Ben. Though RR uses the MetaCard engine, and is similar to
HC, it's still a new environment. I'd think many could benefit from the
archived data.

I'd love to have it, but I need some idea how much _memory_ the files take
up. I want to put them and all the docs on a separate older machine
dedicated to nothing but reference, so I can access them without toggling in
and out of the stack I'm working on. The effect would be similar to having a
reference book (like HYPERTALK THE BOOK 2.2) open next to the computer,
something I do all the time with HC. In fact, if I set it up integrated with
Geoff's "revrtfer.rev" stack, lookups would be faster than the book, plus I
could have the docs show me relative archival stuff, too.

I, for one, am glad you did what you did. The files are probably too large
to send in email, eh? If you can burn a disk (standard disks can hold 700mb)
playable on older macs, I'd be happy to reimberse you for time, disk,
mailing, whatever.

Thanks,
Ken N.