wait for messages

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Fri Mar 1 04:14:01 EST 2002

At 5:26 PM -0800 2/25/2002, David Vaughan wrote:
>Replying to myself ;-) ... of course the "wait {N time} with messages"
>will wait the time you define while allowing other actions, and is not
>accelerated by those actions, whereas "wait {N time}" simply waits. None
>of this makes "wait for messages", apparently meaning a random time up
>to half a second, very useful ... so far.

I have taken a look at what "wait for messages" is doing. It works as
documented - that is, it waits until a message is sent - in a standalone
(or in MC, for that matter) but it times out after 30 seconds in Rev's
development environment. In these situations your handler shows results as
you'd expect. My best guess at the moment is that the dev environment is
sending a message every 30 seconds that has the effect of timing out wait
for messages.... I'm still getting more info on this and whether it might
be changeable.

But it does work properly in a standalone, or when launched without the
development environment running.

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
http://www.runrev.com/
Runtime Revolution Limited - Power to the Developer!