cgi revisited

Kevin Miller kevin at runrev.com
Sun Jun 30 06:36:01 EDT 2002

On 28/6/02 1:50 pm, BCE <mark at bcesouth.com> wrote:

> Would anyone care to elaborate a little on using rev as a faceless cgi on OS
> X?  I know that the lastest user tip on the Rev site discusses it, but I
> have 2 questions:
>
> 1. - Do you name the actual script with an extension? (ie, ".cgi")

You can, but this is optional.

> 2. - If using the Darwin engine, then do you use
>
> "#!/Library/Webserver/Cgi-Executables/Darwin 2"
>
> as the opening line of the script?

Yes.

> All I want to do is a simple "Hello World" type of script, just to test this
> out.  It doesn't seem to work as of yet.

Check that the file permissions are set and that you can run the script on
the command line - it should "put" the result back into the terminal.

Kevin

Kevin Miller <kevin at runrev.com> <http://www.runrev.com/>
Tel: +44 (0) 870 747 1165.  Fax: +44 (0)1639 830 707.