zip command?

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Fri Jun 28 05:29:01 EDT 2002

on 28/6/02 5:04 am, Jeanne A. E. DeVoto at jeanne at runrev.com wrote:

> At 8:58 PM -0700 6/27/2002, Chipp Walters wrote:
>> Does anyone know if it's possible to ZIP files in RR? I want to take a
>> folder of files and create a single .zip file. I know you can compress them
>> to memory, but don't know if you can save the compressed stuff into a file.
>
> put compress(field "Outgoing") into URL "file:data.gz"

Jeanne meant to write:

    put compress(field "Outgoing") into URL "binfile:data.gz"

("file:" means treat the data as text, which means some bytes may get
changed to reflect different line endings on particular platforms.  You
don't want a hair on your data's head to be modified, so you need to use
"binfile:" to specify that.)

  Ben Rubinstein               |  Email: benr_mc at cogapp.com
  Cognitive Applications Ltd   |  Phone: +44 (0)1273-821600
  http://www.cogapp.com        |  Fax  : +44 (0)1273-728866