custompropertysets

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Mon Jun 24 10:04:18 EDT 2002

Ron,

In my experience, if you are going to use outside translators, you should
always keep your language data in an external file; either one that is
always referenced by the app, or one that is "imported" into the app once
and stored with the app. The reason for this is that outside translators (a)
shouldn't have access to the internal workings of your stacks (which they
would if you had to set custom properties for each object), and (b) it is
more likely that something will get missed and you'll have a nightmare of
finding what didn't get translated.

When I worked for Allegiant Technologies (the now-defunct publishers of
SuperCard), we had to translate a couple of things into German and it was a
nightmare getting things translated (and our German rep KNEW SuperCard!!!).

Just my $0.02,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com