Help Does Not Translate

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Sat Jun 22 12:13:21 EDT 2002

>When Serendipity Library is released, it will include the capability
>to load all menus, menuItems, tool tips, prompts, error messages,
>and selected labels from a text file in any (Western at least)
>language:

Revise that to 99.999% translated:

No matter what I name the Help button (or the last menu button in
general?) it still appears as "Help" in the menubar in the English
version of Mac OS.  And, of course, I get About Balloon Help and Show
Balloon in English also.

I would like to know:

1. Does something similar apply in Windows and/or Unix?

2. Does Revolution use the OS's translation for "Help" regardless of
the name of the last menu button in the group?

3. Is there any chance that developers will be given total control
over the menu layout for their applications in some future version?
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company