setting customProperties from within one

Monte Goulding monte.goulding at senet.com.au
Fri Jun 21 20:38:14 EDT 2002

Hi All

Does anyone else have an opinion on the inability of rev/MC to activate a
setProp handler from within one. I can understand not being able to activate
the one your in but not being able to activate others sucks. It causes you
to do stupid workarounds like using a handler when you really wanted to use
a setProp.

Vote 1 for being able to activate the setProp message of other
customProperties (not the one you are in). Perhaps just a way to override
BigBrother:

something like:
set the x of y to z with setProp
or
setProp the x of y to z

It does seem strange to me that the language will allow you to create
infinite loops in all ways but one??????

My 2 cents

Cheers

Monte Goulding
B.App.Sc. (Hons.)