Stand-alone crash on quit enigma

Wolfgang M. Bereuter wmb at internettrainer.com
Thu Jun 20 08:33:00 EDT 2002

am 20.06.2002 11:32 Uhr schrieb use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com
unter use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com:

> I am testing a MacOS PPC stand alone and I am finding a weird behavior.
> Sometimes, and not reproducibly, I get the "this application has
> unexpectedly quit" when I am in fact, quitting it (sending the Quit
> command). Sometimes not. I've tried adding a close and purge (set to
> destroy) all stacks before quitting, but still get this inconsistent result.
> When I added tooltips to some buttons, it seems to have gotten worse -- but,
> again it seems almost random. It also seems to be related (inconsistently)
> to turning a backdrop on or off -- turn it on, then off, then quit
> (sometimes) crash.
>
> Has anyone else encountered this problem with the "quit" command? Any
> thoughts of what is causing the app to crash when it is quitting?

I can´t say if i have the same problem, because i do not come to quit,
because the stand alone (engine) is crashing as you say "randomly and not
reproducibly". And, i had this problem with the fat engine too (not build a
68k). I have reported this to the rev team, and they are working on it.

Do you working with "go to card x of stack y in th window of this stack"

Thanks a lot for posting that, because it was very difficult for me (you
know - non coder) to explain that "random and not reproducibly"-crash.

regards
Wolfgang M. Bereuter

Learn easy with trainingsmaps©

INTERNETTRAINER Wolfgang M. Bereuter
Edelhofg. 17/11, A-1180 Wien, Austria
http://www.internettrainer.com, wmb at internettrainer.com
Tel: ++43/1/ 961 0418, Fax: ++43/1/ 479 2539