groups events

Trevor DeVore trevor at mangomultimedia.com
Thu Jun 13 22:02:01 EDT 2002

I am trying to perform some actions based on mouseUp and mouseLeave events
associated with a group.  If a user clicks on the group I would like to show an
element in the group.  When the mouse leaves the entire group I would like to
hide this element.  I have the following code below but these events don't seem
to be processed for the group object, just the controls within the object.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about this?  Below is the code I
am using.

on mouseUp
  put the short name of the target && " mouseUp"
  switch the short name of the target
    case "navigationGroup"
      set the visible of field "myField" to true
  end switch
end mouseUp

on mouseLeave
  put the short name of the target && " mouseLeave"
  switch the short name of the target
    case "navigationGroup"
      set the visible of field "myField" to false
  end switch
end mouseLeave

Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia