Text files driving me mad

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Jun 13 11:58:01 EDT 2002

Let me request what I think would be the ultimate solution to this; even
though this is not the improve list.

When getting a text file have the engine simply convert any combination
of line feeds and/or carriage returns to something consistent internally
like "return". This way any text would be opened correctly regardless of
which platform it was made on. There might be some situations where this
is not desirable but I bet not many.

Bill Vlahos