Rev_db and Valentina

Ron rbarber at yhb.att.ne.jp
Thu Jun 13 06:14:01 EDT 2002

Hi

I'm trying to move from using Valentina in another xtalk program (where it
works just fine) to RR and I'm having a little trouble. To use the built in
revdb functions with Valentina I have tried this(beware of wrapped lines):

1.
-------------
 put "Macintosh HD:Applications (Mac OS 9):Programming:Revolution 1.1.1:NIV"
into thefile ---where NIV is a db made with VAPP

put "#######" into serialnum ----my Val serial number

 put revdb_connect("Valentina","",thefile,"","",3*1024,serialnum,"") into
theresult

returns 'Invalid database type'

2. Alternately, selecting 'Valentina' and putting "Macintosh HD:Applications
(Mac OS 9):Programming:Revolution 1.1.1:NIV" into the 'database' fld of the
database manager returns 'Invalid database type'.

So at least I'm consistent. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Ron