Coding a Complex Key?

Josh Dye Zzyzx at Relia.Net
Wed Jun 12 23:47:00 EDT 2002

Hello,
    This might have already been discussed about in the past. However, if
anyone could have me out a bit, or get me started into he right direction,
that would be appreciated!
A minor note before hand. I am NOT trying to crack RunRev's way of doing
their License! I just very liked how they did it, and want to do something
similar.

I noticed that RunRev's Licensing system is VERY complex. And I want
something like that for my upcoming software. What I basically want is a Key
Generator. Just like RunRev does theirs. The Customer sends their name and
what they want to buy. RunRev types their name, the organization, and number
of licenses into a Key Generator of some kind (Most likely, just guessing)
Then, it generates a key, specifically for that information that was
entered. I just don't know where to get started to figure out this very
complex system. I am not asking for the same way that RunRev does theirs,
just one line of code different then RunRevs, would generate something
totally different; That's why RunRev's Key Generator is so great! They
inspired me to try and figure something out, that would be similar to
theirs.

If anyone has any ideas that could get me started, I would be forever in
your debt! I will post all the code, when I get something working! This of
course, is Open Source! Open Source belongs to the World!

 - Josh Dye