Pass parameters to rev app?

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Jun 12 19:03:01 EDT 2002

I would like to write a Rev app which will download a file via the web
after getting the URL from another program. The get URL command works if
I hard code it in the Rev app. I want to write a generic program and
reuse it like a cgi except it will get the URL from a shell script (not
AppleScript or web). I don't need a GUI or actually save the file; just
time how long it takes to download and return something to standard out.

This only needs to work from Mac OS X and it needs to be able to handle
simultaneous requests. I believe in unix repeated calls from the shell
simply makes multiple instances of the program and that is what I want
to do.

Bill Vlahos