use-revolution digest, Vol 1 #459 - 11 msgs

David Vaughan drvaughan55 at mac.com
Mon Jun 10 18:14:01 EDT 2002

John

The suggestion Yves made is very elegant, provided we are interpreting
your request correctly and you fully understand what [I presume] he
intends.

I assume you have an input file comprising question numbers, and comma
or tab and "true", "false" and "unanswered" statements. In this case you
simply read in the file (get URL) to a variable and loop through it as
follows:
   (optionally set itemDelimiter to tab)
   repeat for each item Ans in AnswerList
      add 1 to Scoring[item 2 of Ans]
   end repeat.

The scores are then available in Scoring["true"], Scoring["false"], and
Scoring["Unanswered"].

if unanswered questions are simply empty of a response then you will
need to test for that, in which case a switch...case statement which
increments three variables might be faster than the array (since you are
doing the testing anyway)

600 questions is not much work for Rev. These approaches will process
such a list in less than a tenth of a second.

Let us know if your requirement is actually different or anything is not
clear.

regards
David