mySQL & Rev & OSX

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Sat Jun 8 14:46:01 EDT 2002

On Saturday, June 8, 2002, at 02:52  PM, Tuviah Snyder wrote:

> >3) We have started to use Rev as faceless CGI. We use commercial web
> >servers, and while we have pretty deep access to them, I don't think we
> >can install drivers. We can and have installed Rev though. Is it
> >possible to get Rev connected to mySQL under these conditions (as CGI)?
>
> MySQL is a relational database management system, and as such is
> designed for remote access from multiple users. A MySQL server will
> need to be installed on the web server, chances are that mysql is
> already installed. If you are looking for a single user database try
> Valentina.

Thanks Tuviah - I just downloaded "r2", and I'm looking it over. Yes, we
understood the mySQL part - we just normally use it in combination with
PHP. I am looking at the possibility of using Rev for our CGI work as
well, since it allows both myself and my CGI code guy to work as a team
on it (I don't do PHP myself.) Because I have gotten us both
professional Rev licenses, it could really streamline our scripting
processes.

Thanks again.

--
Troy