License Prices

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Fri Jun 7 13:57:01 EDT 2002

>Can you give us an example of a problem you've had with HC that you think is
>a OS-related?

Ken, et al:

There are known problems with visual effects performance (eg:
dissolve) in OS 9.

Other issues I'm aware of have mostly to do with timing: the visual
effect one gets from handlers designed on a 60mhz box but running on
a 300mhz box often require rescripting.  Of course one could argue
that's the fault of the scriptor for not allowing for differences in
clock speed in the first place.

Still the bottom line in the case of my main HC application was once
I changed the visuals, everything else was fine.  I still use HC
applications daily: my word processor is written in HyperTalk.
Likewise my biorhythm charter and client billing.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company