joking right?

Marian.Petrides at sm13.texas.rr.com Marian.Petrides at sm13.texas.rr.com
Fri Jun 7 13:40:01 EDT 2002

I usually stay out of pricing discussions because I agree that they do
not belong in the USE revolution list.

However, to suggest that there is "no real cost to the manufacturer" to
develop Revolution (or even to maintain the website from which one
downloads it) is an **outrageous insult** to the brilliant programmers
and support individuals who spent years developing this wonderful
programming environment.

Sure I'd love to pay less for it, but think of it this way:  if the
RunRev folks can't make enough money to live by developing and
supporting Rev, then they will have to turn to other more financially
sound uses for their intellectual output.  If they decide to fold up
their tent and go to work writing billing software for some insurance
company then who loses? WE do.

Good programming takes years and an enormous amount of skill.  The folks
at RunRev deserve our support and adulation not harrassment every single
time they post a message that says something costs money. (Hey, I've
been guilty, too.)

So, thanks RunRev folks!!  Keep up the good work.

::::FLAME OFF::::

Marian
:::stepping gently off soapbox:::