copying and saving stacks

Kee Nethery kee at kagi.com
Wed Jun 5 22:43:00 EDT 2002

>You appear to have done the right thing in changing both of the file
>name AND the stack name property. Perhaps it is the sequence which
>trapped you. I experimented in the following fashion:
>Opened stack "testing"
>Saved it as file "testing different". Name in the window title bar
>is still "testing".
>Changed its name property to "testing different" which duly appeared
>in the window title bar.
>Saved the stack and closed its window. "Testing.rev" still appeared
>in the Application overview.
>Opened both of stack files "testing" and "testing different" with no
>warning messages troubling me. Both of them  now appear in the
>application overview and both windows are open.
>
>Perhaps you missed a save and close at some point. I think there may
>also have been a previous bug where a title name does not reliably
>"take" unless you tab out of the field before closing the properties
>window. I have not tested for that recently; I just tab out through
>habit to avoid it.
>
>regards
>David

Thank you. I think it was the finder copy that did it. For some
reason the stack appears to be the same as the source stack with a
finder copy. Save as seems to mark them as different. Tabbing out of
fields is a great idea, I'll do that next time just in case. It's all
kind of funny, the myths surrounding something as seemingly simple as
making a copy of a stack. Thanks, Kee