newbie response

Derek Bump webmaster at dreamscapesoftware.com
Wed Jun 5 01:44:01 EDT 2002

*snip*
> I had to face the fact that anything I develop on Mac had darn
> well be deliverable on PC.

3 years ago I would have never agreed with that, but once I developed my
first Windows program it made me realize that my software should work on
both platforms.  That's where HyperCard could not deliver.

I spent 2 days working on a simple program in MetaCard that did nothing but
convert images to JPEGs and allow you to view the compression level.  It was
released as freeware and it took off like wildfire.  Within 4 months it was
in 3 magazines and 1 book (to be released this fall).  My program,
JPEGCompress, became my most popular program ever.  The reason why...there
are more Windows users than Mac users.

Since HyperCard can't deliver, I will happily take MetaCard as a wonderful
replacement.  One things for sure, I will never stop developing for the Mac.

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software, Inc.