item delimiter

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Jun 4 17:06:01 EDT 2002

"Dreamscape Software" <webmaster at dreamscapesoftware.com> wrote:

> Well, no matter what, there's always going to be that chance of someone
> putting in a delimiter where their shouldn't be.

There are some exceptions -- characters that cannot be typed and which a
user can't enter into the text. I usually use numToChar(8) as a
delimiter, because that's the Delete key -- and it is impossible for a
user to type a delete character into the text. Another one I like is
numToChar(3), which is the Enter key character, which also cannot be
placed into the text. I've had good success using both of these. Someone
else mentioned any of the ascii characters 1-6, which should also work fine.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com