Virtual PC

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Sat Jun 1 13:12:00 EDT 2002

On Saturday, June 1, 2002, at 01:48  PM, Dar Scott wrote:

> Any warnings or advice?

Pack extra patience. VPC 5.03 is still somewhat slow. Fortunately Rev is
pretty fast once it is started up, so shouldn't be too bad. Haven't
tested enough in that environment to determine what "gotchas" might
exist.

> If I get a new PC for development before I get a new Mac, I might move
> all this to the PC.
>
> This will be primarily for Windows testing, but I might set up a
> linux.  I hope to find one in the intersection of those popular, those
> that work on Virtual PC and those that work with Revolution.
> Suggestions?

Last I heard, Red Hat still has installation problems in VPC. I tried it
several months ago, and sure enough, it choked. Mandrake installed more
successfully.

--
Troy
RPSystems