sample cgi?

Kee Nethery kee at kagi.com
Wed Jul 31 16:56:17 EDT 2002

>Hi Kee,
>
>If it works in HyperCard it should work for Revolution
>as well, since Revolution has full support for
>AppleEvent-technologies.
>In this case I'd say it's a matter of having your
>webserver poke RunRev or a stand-alone instead of
>HyperCard.

The HyperCard script is geared towards using WebStar and various
other Mac OS Classic web servers. All other web servers (even Mac OS
X) forward information to a cgi using a different mechanism. I'm
looking for examples of stacks/cgis that use the more standard apache
mechanism.

>If you're talking about getting the cgi-server up and
>running, your best bet is to look at Tip of the Week
>number 6 on the RunRev website:
>http://www.runrev.com/revolution/developers/articles/tipoftheweek/6.html
>It shows how to use "split" to parse the data passed
>to it from the browser.

This tip looks interesting, thanks. I'll need to see if it does what
I need. Thanks again.

Kee Nethery