Stacks as data vehicles

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Mon Jul 29 12:21:01 EDT 2002

Troy,

There are probably externals out there, but without an external you can do
something funky like this (it deletes the original file and creates a new
one with the proper file type):

on mouseUp
  answer file "Select a file:"
  if it <> "Cancel" then
    put it into tFile
    put url ("binfile:" & tFile) into tData
    delete file tFile
    set the fileType to "ttxtTEXT"  -- SimpleText - insert your own here
    put tData into url ("binfile: " & tFile)
  end if
end mouseUp

Hope this helps,

Ken Ray