Stacks as data vehicles

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Mon Jul 29 11:44:00 EDT 2002

We have a standalone project which relies on an external stack as a data
vehicle, e.g. the standalone opens an external stack to gain some
required information. I would ideally like to change the extention (PC)
and the filetype(Mac) to allow that stack to launch my standalone with
the vehicle stack as an environment parameter. Key Ray graciously
provided insight for much of this process, but we are still stuck with
the stack filetype part. Basically it works like this -

One standalone has an internal stack which it copies and writes to a
file (it is at this point that I would like to change its filetype.)
Another standalone opens that stack and uses the information within.

The problem is that the vehicle stack always has the Rev stack filetype,
and we have yet to be able to change it. How can I change the filetype
of an existing file? The PC part seem to be handled already just by
changing the extension.

TIA!!
--
Troy