List field line-up

Feasey, Nicholas NFeasey at utpress.utoronto.ca
Wed Jul 24 19:07:01 EDT 2002

I'm having a problem when I add fields from a file into a field.

I have, say, name, address and phone number.  The text file uses a TAB as
the delimiter.
I load it into the list and everything loads just fine.

However, I can't get the fields to line up.  I'm not sure what the issue is.

So, if I have the following fields with each item separated by TAB:

Joe Smith	123 Somestreet	416-999-9999
Nicholas Feasey	7 MyStreet	416-888-8888

...when it gets into the list field it doesn't line up (in the example
above, for obvious reasons).

Is there some way to set the fields to a maximum length so that all fields
are equal then when it is brought into the list all of the fields are lined
up?

Can I put each item into an individual field and have the three fields
(Name, Address, Phone Number) scroll in sync?

I guess what I'm saying is I need some advice from a more experienced
Revolution coder which can give me and others some tips on how to work with
scrolling text fields.  Especially on how to work with fields to get them to
line up in lists, etc.

Any assistance, as always, is greatly appreciated.