get the list of open applications and windows ?

Sarah sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Sun Jul 21 17:29:01 EDT 2002

Here is an AppleScript to list all running applications:

tell application "Finder"
	set procList to the processes
	set procNames to ""
	repeat with p in procList
		set procNames to procNames & the name of p & return
	end repeat
	return procNames
end tell

Listing all open windows is more difficult as many of the listed apps
are background apps with no windows, or have windows with no names or
whatever.

Cheers,
Sarah