importing data and deleting info

Kristy Roggio brennalarpista at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 19 18:20:01 EDT 2002

oh, the pain of knowing enough to be dangerous and too little to make it
work...

I'm importing data from external files, but I don't want the first three
characters of each line to be there (they are numbers to keep track of data.
Ex. 001 = the 1st 3 char of line 1, 002 = the 1st 3 char of line 2, etc.)

I tried to delete these unwanted characters by setting a delimiter ("/") and
trying to delete the first item of the lines, but I'm not sure how to tell
Rev how to delete the first item of every line (which isn't working) as
opposed to a specific line (which does work).

Also, can I tell Revolution to get the specific external file and
automatically delete the unwanted info as it comes in, or do I have to put
the info into a separate variable before it will work?

Thanks for the help, this list is invaluable!

Kristy Kugler