Send command question

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Fri Jul 19 01:32:01 EDT 2002

At 3:42 pm -0700 18/7/02, David Beck wrote:
>Is it true that handlers invoked using the Send command are not executed
>immediately? That is to say, if I have a script:
>
>cmd1
>Send "myMessage" to fld "Whatever" of cd 2
>cmd2
>cmd3

A simple send will cause the "sent message" to execute immediately.
Using "send ... in <time>" will cause the running  handler to
complete before the "sent message" executes.

(From an earlier thread on this topic)
In the following script, commenting in and out the "in 0
milliseconds" produces different results.

on mouseUp
   send "myHandler" to me ##in 0 milliseconds
   put "HERE 1"
end mouseUp

on myHandler
   put "HERE 2"
end myHandler

>That cmd2 and cmd3 might be executed before "myMessage" starts executing or
>in parallel with myMessage? I haven't been able to confirm this myself but I
>am running into issues which suggest to me that this might be the case.

Does the myMessage handler issue any "asynchronous" commands (such as
load url)? This might make it appear as if they were running in
parallel.

Cheers
Dave