Announcement: a Japanese ML for Revolution

Hisao Oshima oshima at kyushu-id.ac.jp
Wed Jul 17 22:59:01 EDT 2002

SuperCard Users Japan has created a new Japanese mailing list for
Runtime Revolution because more and more members of SCUJ are interested
in Revolution as an alternative authoring environment of xTalk.   The
Revolution ML in Japanese started on July 1, 2002.

In order to join the Japanese ML, send an email with "subscribe" or
"subscribe digest" in its subject / title to the address below:

Revolution at gdrama.kyushu-id.ac.jp

The language used in the list's discussion is Japanese, and you need a
PC compatible with Japanese characters.

The greatest limitation of Revolution for Japanese users is that we
cannot put Japanese directly into fields from the standard Japanese
input methods of Mac such as Kotoeri and ATOK.  You can paste Japanese
characters into fields all right, but it's a pity because Revolution
adopts Unicode.   In spite of this difficulty, our members of the new
Japanese list are diligently discussing now how to use and process
Japanese characters in Rev.

SCUJ hopes you welcome this start of our Japanese mailing list for
Revolution as a part of the Revolution user community, and we wish from
all our hearts that Revolution will become fully compatible with
Japanese characters soon.  This might be a great step for Revolution to
reach Asian countries with similar 2 byte national characters.

Hisao Oshima
Secretary of SCUJ

SCUJ is a NP user group for  SuperCard users and other xTalkers in Japan.

Hisao Oshima
oshima at kyushu-id.ac.jp
Kanji Sign: 大島 久雄