More & More Movie Difficulties

Mike Brown mike at cyber-ny.com
Sun Jul 14 08:31:01 EDT 2002

Hi Jeanne,

Thanks for your response to my videoclip playback issue.  I already tried
all of those recommendations in my last two weeks of investigating videoclip
display.  I have spent a lot of time setting up test fields and test stacks
to identify the clip to be played.  After trying every available codec and
testing across multiple platforms, the only format of video I have
personally been able to play back within Revolution is the .mov (Quicktime)
format.

This script only plays back .mov format:

on mouseup
   play videoclip "moviename.avi"
end mouseup

I am only looking for confirmation on this.  If I create an .avi movie file
using the industry standard "Media Cleaner Pro" application in any
compression codec (intel indeo, cinepak, ir 2, sorenson, etc...), it will
not play back from Rev although the same clip will play back in MetaCard,
Windows Media Player, QuickTime and in some cases Real on both Mac and Win
OS.

Rev documentation offers very sparse info on movie play back but it does
list the ability to play back a .avi clip from the script I described.

I guess I though video playback through REV would be a hotter issue, but it
seems to be falling flat on the discussion list - so I apologize for
bringing it up again.  I will be sure to list anything I find out about this
in the event somebody else experiences the same issues.

Thanks,
Mike