Help with web page download

Bruce Wilson skycap at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 13 12:39:01 EDT 2002

The following script has worked on about 80% of web sites to download
pages. However some sites require me to post info or wants to set
cookies, or to be a big browser,etc. which goes beyond my scripting
abilities. Any help would be appreciated.   Bruce Wilson

on mouseup
   put word 1 of fld "symbol" into sym     --Stock symbol
   put char 1 of sym into b
   put "http://user:psswrd@biz.yahoo.com/n/"&b&"/"&sym&".html" into myurl
   put url myurl into dataVar
   put HTMLtoTXT (dataVar) into dataVar     --HTMLtoTXT is external Func.
   put cleanUpTXT (dataVar) into fld "data" --clean up & put into fld
end mouseup