Updating Data Substacks

Ro Nagey ro.nagey at verizon.net
Fri Jul 12 03:41:00 EDT 2002

Another approach that I implemented on a POS WAN back in the pre-Internet
days:

Ship the new stack[s] under a new name. On startup, it checks to see what
it's name is...if it isn't MyOldStackName then it reads the data from the
old stack[s] into the new stack[s], changes the name of the old stacks, then
changes the name of the current stack to MyOldStackName.

That way, you're previous rev is still there in case something goes
tragically wrong.

Ro