unexpected quit on closeStackRequest

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Jul 11 23:30:01 EDT 2002

> ROB:
> FWIW, your handler runs fine on Mac OS 9.  One thought:
> closeStackRequest should be speciific to the stack whose close box is
> clicked on: I see no reason to pass it.
>
> KURT:
> Thanks for testing the script, Rob.  However, if I comment out the line:
> pass closeStackRequest
>
> in the above script, the stack does not close after deleting the temp
> file.
> Perhaps the Rev editor has to do some stuff which it doesn't get done if
> the closeStackRequest is not passed? Curious.

This is one of this cases where passing a system message is more than just a
good habit, and instead directlt affects behavior:  trapping
closeStackRequest without passing stops the request -- the stack does not
close.  To close the stack, pass the message and the Rev engine will
complete the request.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation