Array problem

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sun Jul 7 13:24:01 EDT 2002

Yves,

I assumed that the cPoints array was already filled with data inside the
same handler before it entered my code. If you have an array like:

cPoints["Ken"] = 5
cPoints["Yves"] = 7

and then go into the code, "e" will contain 7 or 5 depending on which loop
it goes through. The keys(cPoints) will return:

Ken
Yves

So you see, when you run it through my code:

put "" into myList
put 1 into elementNum
repeat for each element e in cPoints
  if e >= 5 then
    put line elementNum of keys(cPoints) & cr after myList
  end if
  add 1 to elementNum
end repeat

The first time through the loop, "e" will be 5, and will put line 1 of
keys(cPoints) ("Ken") & cr after myList.
The second time through the loop, "e" will b 7, and will put line 2 of
keys(cPoints) ("Yves") & cr after myList.

Also, I don't know how "the customProperties" will work; I think you meant
"customKeys". The problem is that the customKeys brings back the name of the
keys themselves given an object descriptor; that is, in my example, it would
return "Ken" and "Yves" in a return-delimited list. If you then try to get
the keys of "Ken" or "Yves", you should get nothing coming back.

I hope I'm being clear. My code above only retrieves the names ("Ken",
"Yves") and not their scores to do that, amend it as follows:

put "" into myList
put 1 into elementNum
repeat for each element e in cPoints
  if e >= 5 then
    put line elementNum of keys(cPoints) & "," & e & cr after myList
  end if
  add 1 to elementNum
end repeat

Hope this helps,