Rev. 1.1.1 for Mac OS 9 and X

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Sun Jul 7 13:00:01 EDT 2002

At 10:52 AM -0700 7/7/2002, Carsten Levin wrote:
>But today I accidentally started my Revolution 1.1.1 downloaded for Mac OS X
>while running Mac OS 9, and it worked.
>
>To be on the safe side I stopped and used the one I downloaded for Mac OS 9.
>
>But now my Question is: Are there two versions or can I just keep the Mac OS
>X version and use that for Mac OS 9 and X?

There are two separate versions. The OS X version of 1.1.1 is a Carbon
application, and will run on Mac OS systems as long as they have a
sufficiently recent version of CarbonLib installed; however, this is not
recommended and you may encounter some stability problems. It's better to
use the Mac OS version instead.

(Also, in future versions, it won't be possible to run the OS X version on
Mac OS any more, because of changes needed to support new functionality on
OS X.)

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
http://www.runrev.com/