Standalones from Old HyperCard Stack

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Fri Jul 5 03:14:01 EDT 2002

Hey Dan,

Cut my teeth on a bunch of your books, nice to see you're trying out RunRev
/ MC. I spent a few years with SC but left it all behind when I switched to
PC's. Jerry Daniels turned me onto RR 7 or 8 months ago -- and it all came
back. RR/MC is so much better than SC/HC with many more features, compiled
executables and much, much more.

Regarding your second question about the cards... RR executables can't write
to themselves - I believe because Windows and Linux don't allow for
executables to do this sort of thing, so none of the RR/MC versions allow
for this. No problem though, just write to a different stack which is not in
an executable. It would be a separate file. So...you could have your
executable as a startup screen which called the main app - your old HC stack
and things should work fine. Also, you can edit your stack at anytime. You
can also easily update it by storing your stack (this example is test02.rev)
on a website and calling:

open URL "http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/runrev/test02.rev"

from your executable. All very cool. You can check out my RunRev site for
some tips and downloads.
http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/RunRev/default.htm

-Chipp Walters