Copying a substack

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Thu Jan 31 23:04:01 EST 2002

At 4:13 PM -0800 1/30/2002, Devin Asay wrote:
>Sorry if this has come up before.  How do you make a copy of a
>substack within a stackfile?  Both the clone and copy commands will
>make a copy of a stack, but they are created as mainstacks.  I want
>to be able to copy a substack and have it remain subordinated the the
>current mainstack.
>
>Alternatively, is there a way to change a mainstack into a substack?

Yes: set the substack-to-be's mainStack property.

For instance, if you have two main stacks called "Puffball" and "Hydrant",
and you want to make "Hydrant" into a substack of "Puffball", use this:

  set the mainStack of stack "Hydrant" to "Puffball"

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
http://www.runrev.com/
Runtime Revolution Limited - Power to the Developer!