Downloading a MAC file

Dan Friedman dan at clearvisiontech.com
Thu Jan 31 17:24:00 EST 2002

Greetings!

In my application, I want to include a "Check for Updates Online..." option
(much like that in Revolution).  If I release a new version of my
application, my users can get it easily.

Here's the problem.  If I post a file with a resource fork, like an
application created by the "Distribution Builder", the resource fork is not
going to be present anymore and the download will not function.  So...

Do I do some kind of compression first?  If so, what would I use so that
Revolution will be able to uncompress it?

Looking forward to your thoughts...

Dan Friedman