Basic Question: Text Field wrapping

William T. Simmons tsimmons at employmentlawadvisors.com
Wed Jan 30 12:43:32 EST 2002

Hey, I resemble that remark... ;-)
FWIW, I just tested this on Notepad in WinXP, and it's the same as Notepad
has been since Win95, I think - if you have word wrap turned on, and you
hold a character key down, the character is typed all the way across to the
right side of the text window and then the line of characters wraps down and
keeps appearing on the next line, and so on as long as the key is held down.
If word wrap is unchecked in the pull-down menu, the characters keep going
to the right as long as the key is held down, with a scrollbar appearing and
changing as the line of characters gets longer. In Wordpad (a slightly
fuller-featured text editor in Windows), you get the same result if you
select the "wrap to window" option.
Tommy Simmons
Employment Law Advisory Network
www.employmentlawadvisors.com