Copying parts of pictures to the front

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Wed Jan 30 12:08:01 EST 2002

J. Landman Gay  wrote:

>> button rect's images (all 314 of them) into icons.
>
> The method you've been using in HC is pretty inefficient and I wouldn't
> bother with it in RR, especially since the capability you want is built
> in. Since the only problem is the amount of labor needed to convert the
> images to button icons, I'd write a script to do it.

I'd agree that Rev has reasonably good tools for handling button states, but
I would disagree that this user's previous methods were inefficient. Ishell
supports the capabilities described (single large image with offsets), and
it does create an excellent workflow. Want to change some or all of the
buttons? Open a single file in Photoshop and add a color tint or whatever.
Write a little script to buffer that image on start-up, and it lives in RAM
from there, very fast, easy to manage, easy to update, etc.

--
Troy
RPSystems