customProperties

Klaus Major k_major at osnabrueck.netsurf.de
Sat Jan 26 08:25:01 EST 2002

Bonjour Yves,

> Hello,
> Is it possible to use a custom property as a global variable through a
> stack ?

Yes.

> Is it possible to use this property , if it is set in a substack, in
> another substack ?

Yes ;-)

Just script:

    put the name_of_custprop_here of stack "xxx" into whatever
(Note there are no quotes allowed in the name of the customprop !!!)

If the stack is somewhere in the path, this will work even if that
stack is not open.

Try this with a variable ;-)

> Or do we rather use a global variable int his last case ?

The main difference between a customprop and a (global) variable is,
that the customproperty is being saved with the stack.

So it can be used as a kind of permanent variable.

But of course customprops are much more than a substitute
for variables... :-D

Once i found out what they are and how they work i could
never be without them :-)

RR wouldn't be possible/exist without them, by the way...
(Hi Kevin :-)

> -- Greetings.
> Yves COPPE

A bientot...