go to several stcks in same window

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Fri Jan 25 12:44:01 EST 2002

On Donnerstag, Januar 24, 2002, at 10:50  Uhr, Kevin Miller wrote:

>> oh, another question: What is the ASCII value of the arrow keys?
>
> If you want to do this with rawKeyDown...
well if there are other ways, why don't you just tell me what else there
is? I mean, its only the way the Documentation told me to do...
unfortunately they didn't write WHAT ASCII numbers the keys are, only
that they are needed.
> ... then just create a handler which puts
> the value of a key into a field and press each key you want the number
> for.

grr..
I already did that!
but I got unusable garbage:
Key: Upward
NumtoChar:  R (Hu what the hell??? anyway pressing shift-r does NOT move
your cursor upwards in a listfield!)
ChartoNum: 65362 (thats a pretty good joke, as ASCII only has 256
numbers to begin with...)
S 65363 to the right
T 65364 downunder
Q 65361 lefty

and for some additional fun, here the "Real" ASCII nrs. of...
R 82 shift- r
S 83 shift- s
T 84 shift- t
Q 81 shift- q

(Note: after rereading some of the questions People ask here, i
realized, that not everyone first looks at every place he has access to,
before asking other people for help... So sorry for the strange
answer....)