Gem of the week

Greg Wills gwills at ozemail.com.au
Thu Jan 24 19:53:01 EST 2002

Rev is jam packed with many little gems. As we all get to use Rev
more and more, I am sure we will stumble upon these gems to solve
problems. Maybe we could share examples of these gems that we find to
assist others and give some insight into different problems and
solutions. Perhaps recipes for Jeannes Cook Book. On such event for
me this week was as follows.

A simple program was needed for a student to touch a touch screen to
get a auditory and visual response. The problem was it could be
guaranteed that she would not (click) touch only once - possibly
many. The need was to find the command that would trap all clicks
after the first one. Eventually this was found and works brilliantly.
(This is a direct copy from the dictionary, but took ages to track
down.)

put flushEvents(mouseUp) into temp

Hopefully useful info for someone else.

regards