Serial Ports with OS X

Lorin Rivers lrivers at realsoftware.com
Thu Jan 24 16:19:02 EST 2002

At 4:25 PM -0500 1/23/02, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com wrote:
>Message: 8
>Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 13:00:51 -0500
>From: Gene Kennedy <cyberscope at home.com>
>To: Rev <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>Subject: Serial Ports with OS X
>
>Bill,
>
>I have not yet moved to OS X yet, so I don't know the answer to your
>question.  I am waiting for the dust to settle a bit and have items like
>this worked out before I switch.
>
>This probably sounds like Heresy, but you might inquire about this over
>at the REALbasic user group list.  I believe I saw a post there a while
>back explaining that Apple had neglected serial port support when
>developing OS X and that it wasn't going to be an easy fix.  I don't
>know that this is true, I am only relaying what I saw elsewhere.
>
>Quite frankly, I am currently working with a couple of iMacs (333MHz, OS
>8.6) and plan to make the move to OS X when I can purchase a new iBook.
>
>regards,
>Gene Kennedy

REALbasic 4 supports serial ports on Mac OS X.
--
Lorin Rivers                      512.263.1233 x712 v
Vice President of Marketing       512.263.1441 f
REAL Software                     mailto:lrivers at realsoftware.com
PMB 220                           http://www.realsoftware.com
3300 Bee Cave Road, Suite 650
Austin, Texas 78746
REALbasic: the powerful, easy-to-use tool for creating your own
software for Macintosh, Mac OS X, and Windows.