Topstack

Klaus Major k_major at osnabrueck.netsurf.de
Thu Jan 24 14:07:01 EST 2002

Bonjour Pierre,

>> go stack "newStack" in the window of stack "currentStack"
>>
>> Do the docs really say "set the topstack to the defaultstack?" I would
>> think
>> "set the defaultStack to the topStack" would be more likely.
>>

> In the transcript Dictionary, you can find both expressions :
>
>     - in the article "defaultStack property", you have  "set the
> defaultstack to the topStack" (mean which stack is "this stack")
>
>     - in the article "topStack function", you have "set the topStack to
> the
> defaultStack". As far as I understand, it means that if you want your
> stack
> to be seen in the active window on the top of the other stacks, this
> script
> should work...
>
> What I want to do is very simple : sometimes, after a script, the
> stack I
> want to use is behind the other stacks. I would like it to come
> automatically in the front, in its own window. "Go stack XXX in new
> window"
> do not work.
>
> Pierre Delain.

if i understand you right, you want to show a stack on top
of all other stacks and that stack is already open, but lies somewhere
behind the other stacks.

In that case just script:

    toplevel "name_of_your_stack_here"
end xxx

You can just call that stack with its style again, and it will
come to front.

palette or modeless or whatsoever...

Hope that helps...

Au revoir

Klaus Major
k_major at osnabrueck.netsurf.de

P.S. Beaucoup des francaises ici :-)
Ca va bien ?

Now i understand why there is a french version of RR
on its way ;-)